Manufacturing/Industrial/Packaging Engineering - Job Description
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will be involved in the manufacturing, packaging, warehousing, and distribution process and be expected to improve efficiencies and processes by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position.
However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
• Generate and implement process improvements to increase efficiency.
• Generate and implement cost and labor reduction ideas and opportunities.
• Generate and implement product and process quality standards and testing methods.
• Generate process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintain plant layouts.
• Specify and follow up on new machinery coming into plant.
• Continuously research new technology and see where it can be applied.
• Assist maintenance when needed.
• Write and debug programs for automated equipment. (robotic welders, lasers, press, etc)
• Engineer/design small equipment such as weld fixtures, poke-yokes.
• Improve ergonomics
• Spec out auxiliary equipment needs
• Help in departmental operation wherever necessary.
• Lead continuous improvement activities.
• Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic working environment and diverse team.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Project Management Skills
- CAD/CAM experience
- Excellent Computer Skills (Microsoft based programs)
- Ability to travel, work overtime, and holidays as well as off shift patterns when required.
- Working Knowledge of Manufacturing, Packaging, Warehouse, and Distribution Facility Design
- Experience in manufacturing and warehouse environments
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
or five years plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Preferred - BS Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing, Engineering, Automotive
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Manages Others: Yes
Rough Country is a Drug Free Workplace
Rough Country LLC values and appreciates hard work and professional dedication and rewards their team with a compensation package that includes benefits. New employees are eligible for and provided a competitive pay package, training, and advancement opportunities. Some of the benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k), paid holidays, and paid vacation.
Rough Country LLC, located in Dyersburg, TN, is a customer-focused provider of suspension systems at market-leading prices to the off-road SUV and truck market. Rough Country suspension systems raise the ride height of vehicles to enable steeper approach, higher ground clearance, accommodate larger wheels and tires, and create a more aggressive appearance for the vehicle.