|Title:||Research and Development Technician|
Job Title: Research and Development Technician
Job Type: Operations
Location: Dyersburg, TN
The Research and Development Technician must be team oriented and highly motivated to join the fast paced work environment of an industry leading automotive aftermarket company. This position is one where solid customer service skills, thorough documentation, combined with exceptional 'hands on' technical ability go hand in hand. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Precisely document the state of the vehicles prior to service task
2. Provide an exceptional experience for our customers
3. Multitask and prioritize various projects
4. Effectively communicate with other team members, businesses, and partners
5. Be analytical. Continuously improve our processes through feedback and suggestions
6. Efficient skills in basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
7. Clean and maintain work area.
8. Work efficiently to meet daily department performance goals
Self starter – ability to work with minimal supervision and preferably has 5+ years of automotive repair experience. Applicants must also be: team oriented and able to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail, capable of diagnosing and repairing any and all types of vehicles, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting, safety oriented with no prior safety violations, ability to work extended hours as needed to fulfill duties on a daily basis, and record must be clear of disciplinary actions.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Basic PC software knowledge including Windows, basic keyboarding skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, frequently
- Ability to MIG weld and strong fabrication skills.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or relevant automotive field experience - preferred
Rough Country is a Drug Free Workplace
Rough Country LLC, located in Dyersburg, TN, is a customer-focused provider of suspension systems at market-leading prices to the off-road SUV and truck market. Rough Country suspension systems raise the ride height of vehicles to enable steeper approach, higher ground clearance, accommodate larger wheels and tires, and create a more aggressive appearance for the vehicle