Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Rough Country facilities as required. (General facility maintenance) This will include the ability to perform any of a variety of skilled duties in order to maintain the buildings.
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Material handling Equipment as required. This will include LP Fork Trucks, Electric Extend reach trucks, pallet jacks, walkie- Rider, scissor lift, sweepers, battery Changing equipment etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Assists and performs semiskilled tasks of a general nature in connection with maintenance, repair and construction tasks in the upkeep of buildings. This is not a complete list but they include carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, carpet, and mechanics
- Maintain and repair material handling equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, sweepers, battery changing stations, and batteries.
- Able to repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and or other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, power steering, transmissions, and engines with limited supervision.
- Perform engine tune-ups.
- Able to troubleshoot and diagnose.
- Assists and performs functions in the construction, installation and maintenance of roofs, furniture, fences, cabinets, shelving, marker boards/chalkboards, tack boards and a variety of other structures and items
- Inspect properties and communicate with management regarding proper maintenance
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules, and SDS sheets.
- Follow all safety procedures and company policies.
- Perform other duties as required per management.
A minimum of one year experience as a semi-skilled worker in one or more of the basic building maintenance trades and/or one year experience in an Industrial maintenance position.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours and weekend assignments
- Must be able to operate a forklift, light truck and other related motorized equipment
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Related experience in building and fork lift maintenance
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist.
- Indoor/out-door work environment with exposure to weather extremes
- Be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to work with materials and objects that are essential to the position.
Rough Country is a Drug Free Workplace
Rough Country LLC, located in Dyersburg, TN, is a customer-focused provider of suspension systems at market-leading prices to the off-road SUV and truck market. Rough Country suspension systems raise the ride height of vehicles to enable steeper approach, higher ground clearance, accommodate larger wheels and tires, and create a more aggressive appearance for the vehicle.